Spring is in the air! The blossoms are out, the days are longer, and we're ready to get out and about. But wait, your arms and legs haven't seen daylight in months. Your smile has dulled from lack of fun in the sun, and your overall look could use a Spring pick me up. Fret no more, here is a list of products to get you bloomin' again.
1. Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. Shed that winter skin by gently exfoliating. This product is gentle enough for daily use- even sensitive skin types. It's also designed to even skin tone and texture. Exfoliating will reveal smoother, fresher, more radiant skin. This step will also prime your skin for step two!
2. Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer. This is a daily moisturizer designed to gradually create a healthy glow. No Umpa Lumpa orange here! The color really does give a sun kissed look. In addition, you can get a color to fit your skin tone- I have the fair/medium, no surprise there! The addition of SPF 20 gives it another plus in my book! Don't forget to exfoliate so your not blotchy, and blend, blend, blend, or you will end up with a massive line of demarcation!
3. Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer. This is for the body, and meets all the standards of it's facial counterpart. It may be purchased in lotion, or foam, and again, has a shade for every skin tone. What I prefer about the foam is how quickly it dries over the lotion. Also, the foam seems to have no offensive odor, as most products containing self-tanning agents tend to have. The foam also bears the approval of allure magazine, with an editors choice award. Again, don't forget to exfoliate to keep your look streak free. Oh, and, wash your hands!
4. Crest White Stripes Premium. Don't forget those pearly whites! The premium brand of stripes offers the same whitening ability as the original, but in seven days instead of 10.
5. Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain in Saucy Plum. These lip stains rock! They provide beautiful color without being sticky like the outlast lipstick. And choosing stains that fall under the berry, or plum category, actually make your teeth appear whiter! Double bonus! My favorite colors are Saucy Plum and Cinnamon Spice. Buyer beware... they can also be very drying, make sure you are using a lip conditioner on your pout when not wearing the stain.
6. MOROCCAN OIL. Don't forget your tresses need pruned, too! Start by getting a good trim, especially if it's been more than 3-6 months since your last snip. Once you have your hair back to life with a trim, it's time to maintain with a fabulous hair oil for all types. The intoxicating light sent and instant absorption will leave all hair types shiny and conditioned. No rinsing necessary! My hair tends to be dry, frizzy, and I have a lot! Living in the humidity of the south sure doesn't help my cause. Using MOROCCAN OIL is a must for my mane!
7. Cute pair of the seasons hottest shoes. Lastly, we turn our attention to the feet. Now, I KNOW your peds have been neglected through the winter. Get ready to bear those piggies again with an at-home pedicure. Soak them, scrub them, clip them, and then paint then your favorite spring time color. Next, follow up with some of this seasons hot trends in shoes. Consider a sassy pair of T-Straps, Wood Soles, Peep-Toes, or my favorite, Wedges. With a cute pair of shoes on your feet, you can conquer anything, one step at a time.
And there you have it. An Easter basket of goodies to help you feel refreshed, renewed, and ready to bloom.
Now, we turn the focus to a beauty secret that is imperishable, inner beauty. Being beautiful begins within, regardless of the season. What better time of year then Spring to begin afresh and anew? While our outward appearance is not God's priority, letting yourself go does not proclaim the fact our Father is King of Kings. Even the Proverb 31 women described in the bible, is dressed in fine linen and bears an appearance pleasing to her Husband, as she represents her family and God. As mentioned in the opening paragraph, we are not to be consumed with our outward appearance. 1 Peter 3:3-4 reminds us not to let our adornment be only outward- that will only go so far- we are to seek an inner beauty that is imperishable. By maintaining both an inner and outward beauty, and demonstrating a quiet and gentle spirit, we become the ultimate in "power under control". This means we are able to control ourselves, our words, and our actions. We are powerful, respectable, and strong, and at the same time we are quiet and still before God. This is the imperishable beauty secret, and will serve women well, in any season of life!