Monday, November 8, 2010

Manic Monday: What's for dinner? Applesauce Meatloaf?

Yep, applesauce meatloaf! Want a tasty treat that can feed the whole fam? Try this recipe inspired by First Place, a Christ-centered weight loss program.

INGREDIENTS:
2-lb. ground lean meat (beef, turkey)
1 C. unsweetened applesauce
1 onion, finely diced
1 green pepper, finely diced
6 slices whole grain bread, crumbled
1 egg
2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste

STEPS IN PREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients. Knead mixture with hands until well blended. Pack into loaf pan.
3. Bake for 2 hrs. If desired, pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce over top of loaf before baking.

Serve with steamed broccoli to keep your meal low-carb, or my favorite, crock-pot mac-n-cheese.

Usually yields 8 servings. Keep your portions small and use the leftovers for the next nights dinner. Buy a loaf of crusty french bread, add marinara, mozzarella,and voila, you have meatloaf subs!

Monday's don't need be manic, with a little extra preparation and planning a meal that can serve
double-day duty, you can keep the peace and start the week off right. We all know enough challenges will come during the week!

3 comments:

  1. Faith, this recipe sounds great! I'm following your blog now. I have a blog, too:
    http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com

    I'd love for you to come follow me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our kids were more adventurous with the foods they will eat. This sounds soooo good, I think I would need to fix it on a night when our 15 year old princessa isn't home. Maria and I would really enjoy it then. What happened to the day when kids knew they had to eat what was being fixed for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you try it. I have to say, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete