With a new year beginning, I'm sure we all have resolutions on how we are going to change, or do things different, or do things better in the new year. Sometimes these resolutions can even be the addressing of character flaws you see within yourself, or your family. Flaws that could even include things like attitude. If your family is anything like mine, I'm sure there is no shortage of "attitude"! Whether it be the attitude of teenage angst, an overly tired toddler, an over-stressed dad, or "momma bear" has decided to make an appearance, we all have our attitude laden moments/days/ ah, heck sometimes weeks! So, after getting an "attitude" filled sermon (pun intended) that really spoke to the level of basic life application, regardless of belief systems, I thought I would share some insight straight from my sermon bulletin.
- We cannot tailor-make all of the circumstances of our lives, but we can tailor-make our attitudes toward them.
Attitude is important, because to a large extent our attitude......
1. Determines our approach to life.
* One of the most important decisions we will make on a daily basis is the CHOICE of our attitude.
2. Determines our relationship with people.
* In short, Do unto others!
3. Determines our approach to problems.
* Difference between an obstacle and an opportunity is our attitude toward it.
4. Attitude determines the success or failure of a project.
*"If you think you can do a thing or you think you can't do a thing, you're right!" Henry Ford
A new attitude for a new year!
1. Attitude of unselfish humility
2. Attitude of empowered growth
* "When you are through changing, you are through" Bruce Barton
3. Attitude of encouragement
4. Attitude if genuine joy
How to get a new attitude
1. Praise & prayer
2. feed your mind
3. put into practice
Remember..... a lot of factors will influence, but you get to choose!
Ooooh, oooh, oooh I got a new attitude!
Happy New Year!